Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Fighting threats from Stalinists and Fascists to use court injunctions and physical violence to silence free speech
The working class can kiss my arse, I've got the Councillor's job at last
The Luke Akehurst blog - The genuine Luke Akehurst weblog about politics, elections, the Labour Party and that ghastly Hackney place. Ignore counterfeit Luke Akehurst blogs - this is the genuine article from the chap who whips Hackney Labour councillors in his spare time.
Now with extra added ingredient Linda K Smith. Helps wash your family whiter!

"My favourite film is Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learnt To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb" - Luke Akehurst
"Funny and clever but not particularly nice" - Time Out
"With added foie gras, steak, soft cheese, claret and port (hic!)" - Luke Akehurst
"In gustatus perquam putidus est" - Vatican Bank
"Not so much 'Who's Who?' as 'Who's Sleeping With Whom?'" - Peter Mandelson
"You can judge a blogger's politics by the colour of their blog banner" - The spoof Luke Akehurst
"By a coalition of Trots, tree huggers, anarchists, Tories and a nasty little clique over-excited about my hair colour" - Luke Akehurst

Friday, October 07, 2005

Linda Gives Birth To My Son

He's got his mum's and my good looksIt's the happiest day of my life. Stoke Newington welcomes its newest resident and future Mayor, Jed Augustus George Akehurst. Everyone tells me he looks as handsome as me. Choosing names was very important as we wanted to celebrate the really important things in life.

Jed, of course, is after the guy who won the election for George last year. When I first heard about "hanging chads" I thought they were talking about getting tougher on anti-social behaviour, but apparently its a "d" not a "v" and it's to do with punching holes in ballot forms. Well, I don't care how he did it - well done Jed!

Augustus was the heir and tough grand-nephew of the wet and woolly Julius Caesar. So a bit like Paul and Michael Foot, only Augustus was a damned site more right wing and more successful. He got rid of the liberal, namby-pamby Roman Republic and ruled as the first great Roman Emperor for over 40 years. I'd like Tony to do the same.

The name George celebrates everything Great about Great Britain - and I don't mean cheap clothes at Asda or that Clooney leftie. I mean, of course, the Queen's dad and granddad. And good old George III - not because he went stark raving bonkers of course but because he helped America to stand on its own feet. And without American independence, where would we be now? The place would be run by Germans!

No comments: