Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Fighting threats from Stalinists and Fascists to use court injunctions and physical violence to silence free speech
The working class can kiss my arse, I've got the Councillor's job at last
The Luke Akehurst blog - The genuine Luke Akehurst weblog about politics, elections, the Labour Party and that ghastly Hackney place. Ignore counterfeit Luke Akehurst blogs - this is the genuine article from the chap who whips Hackney Labour councillors in his spare time.
Now with extra added ingredient Linda K Smith. Helps wash your family whiter!

"My favourite film is Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learnt To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb" - Luke Akehurst
"Funny and clever but not particularly nice" - Time Out
"With added foie gras, steak, soft cheese, claret and port (hic!)" - Luke Akehurst
"In gustatus perquam putidus est" - Vatican Bank
"Not so much 'Who's Who?' as 'Who's Sleeping With Whom?'" - Peter Mandelson
"You can judge a blogger's politics by the colour of their blog banner" - The spoof Luke Akehurst
"By a coalition of Trots, tree huggers, anarchists, Tories and a nasty little clique over-excited about my hair colour" - Luke Akehurst

Saturday, May 03, 2008

It's All The Fault Of The Bastard I Supported

I'm very proud today. Ken Livingstone's speech just now was dignified, appropriate and set entirely the right tone. He will go down in history alongside great oratory in death. "Kiss me, Hardy. Thank God I have done my duty." "I'm just going outside. I may not be back for some time." "I am ready to die for my Lord, that in my blood the Church may obtain liberty and peace." "Et tu, Brute?"

On the other hand, it was all the snivelling nasal bastard's own fault. If only he'd listened to people like me and engaged the Labour election machine earlier, he would have won. But Red Ken remains Red Ken. Just like John Kerry and Al Gore he refused to reach out to voters in the centre ground and stuck to his entrenched Trotskyite policies - such as supporting the Olympics, deploying more police, attacking striking London Underground workers, urging non-union workers to scab, defended Ian Blair over the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes, privatising the East London Line and developing close relations with City bankers, fund managers and multinational conglomerates.

If only Ken had the sense to adopt our strategy of "triangulation", I'm sure he would have won comfortably. He should have reached out to potential BNP voters, white van men and suburban dwellers in general instead of wasting time on his natural supporters. Trades unionists, poor people and the underclass (if they can be bothered to get out of bed) will vote for us anyway, so sod them.

And he should not have been photographed standing next to men with Middle Eastern appearances and bushy black beards, or recorded telling journalists that Hitler was a good chap.

Bill Shankly got it right - to win you need to triangulate. I'm not exactly sure what it means, but if it was good enough for Tony Blair and for the great Liverpool side of the 1980s, it's good enough for me. Just wait until I get the job of General Secretary of the Party. There'll be triangles everywhere, just you wait and see. We can't afford prawn sandwiches any more, but there'll be plenty of Dairylea cheese spread.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say a big thank you Luke for all your hard work in supporting that idiot Ken and getting me a place in the assembly. I'll forever be in your debt.

Love

The Boffmeister