Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Fighting threats from Stalinists and Fascists to use court injunctions and physical violence to silence free speech
The working class can kiss my arse, I've got the Councillor's job at last
The Luke Akehurst blog - The genuine Luke Akehurst weblog about politics, elections, the Labour Party and that ghastly Hackney place. Ignore counterfeit Luke Akehurst blogs - this is the genuine article from the chap who whips Hackney Labour councillors in his spare time.
Now with extra added ingredient Linda K Smith. Helps wash your family whiter!

"My favourite film is Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learnt To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb" - Luke Akehurst
"Funny and clever but not particularly nice" - Time Out
"With added foie gras, steak, soft cheese, claret and port (hic!)" - Luke Akehurst
"In gustatus perquam putidus est" - Vatican Bank
"Not so much 'Who's Who?' as 'Who's Sleeping With Whom?'" - Peter Mandelson
"You can judge a blogger's politics by the colour of their blog banner" - The spoof Luke Akehurst
"By a coalition of Trots, tree huggers, anarchists, Tories and a nasty little clique over-excited about my hair colour" - Luke Akehurst

Friday, May 02, 2008

The Only Way Is Up - Way Up

Don't Bogart that joint, my friend...The last time Labour did this badly in the local elections, the Beatles were top of the charts, Flower Power was all the rage and I wasn't born. Now, 40 years on, these bloody former hippies are all voting Tory. What the hell is going on?

Still, I'm sure we'll learn the lessons. All we need to do is listen more carefully and make sure that our successes are properly communicated to the electorate. So, starting tomorrow it's more focus groups and more PR consultants.

Whoopie! The only way is up. A long, long way up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where my van had gone.