Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Fighting threats from Stalinists and Fascists to use court injunctions and physical violence to silence free speech
The working class can kiss my arse, I've got the Councillor's job at last
The Luke Akehurst blog - The genuine Luke Akehurst weblog about politics, elections, the Labour Party and that ghastly Hackney place. Ignore counterfeit Luke Akehurst blogs - this is the genuine article from the chap who whips Hackney Labour councillors in his spare time.
Now with extra added ingredient Linda K Smith. Helps wash your family whiter!

"My favourite film is Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learnt To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb" - Luke Akehurst
"Funny and clever but not particularly nice" - Time Out
"With added foie gras, steak, soft cheese, claret and port (hic!)" - Luke Akehurst
"In gustatus perquam putidus est" - Vatican Bank
"Not so much 'Who's Who?' as 'Who's Sleeping With Whom?'" - Peter Mandelson
"You can judge a blogger's politics by the colour of their blog banner" - The spoof Luke Akehurst
"By a coalition of Trots, tree huggers, anarchists, Tories and a nasty little clique over-excited about my hair colour" - Luke Akehurst

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Des Browne Words Of Wisdoom

At the risk of having comments posted by readers engaged in such witty, incisive and profound political colloquy as calling eachother "gutless morons", I thought I'd better make mention of the latest wisdom of Browne (for the morons out there that's Browne the Defence Secretary, not Brown the Great Leader Designate).

How to deal with repeat offendersHaving rehearsed his lines in front of some of us at the Progress debate on Trident on Monday night, Des made a stirring speech at King's College London, duly satirised by the Guardian in what is becoming ritual and tedious anti-Labour rhetoric. Why I ever bought the rag and sat up late writing endless letters to the Editor I'll never know.

Des is a man with a mission, doing a fantastic job. At a time when Tony can't even reward someone who sponsors a secondary school City Academy with the odd knighthood or seat in the Lords without a hoo-hah in the media, Des has managed to sneak through an extra £1.5bn a year on the defence budget with hardly a mention in the press. And he's managed to fiddle the figures perform creative accounting of capital depreciation and finance costs so the total budget appears to be a mere £33.6bn instead of the actual figure of £41.5bn.

Now that's what I call genius! We could buy enough Trident missiles with the cash he's hidden to nuke the f*****g Iranians, North Koreans and Cubans and still have some firepower left over to deal with that b*****d John Yates.

Excuse the swearing. It's not like me, but I get quite excited when I think of lighting the blue touch-paper and standing well back. Especially if I can video the big bang and watch the playback in bed with Linda.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Listen here ye little turd - if I get a hold o' ye I'll wring yer wee sassenach neck and stick a cruise missile up yer jacksie.