Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Fighting threats from Stalinists and Fascists to use court injunctions and physical violence to silence free speech
The working class can kiss my arse, I've got the Councillor's job at last
The Luke Akehurst blog - The genuine Luke Akehurst weblog about politics, elections, the Labour Party and that ghastly Hackney place. Ignore counterfeit Luke Akehurst blogs - this is the genuine article from the chap who whips Hackney Labour councillors in his spare time.
Now with extra added ingredient Linda K Smith. Helps wash your family whiter!

"My favourite film is Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learnt To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb" - Luke Akehurst
"Funny and clever but not particularly nice" - Time Out
"With added foie gras, steak, soft cheese, claret and port (hic!)" - Luke Akehurst
"In gustatus perquam putidus est" - Vatican Bank
"Not so much 'Who's Who?' as 'Who's Sleeping With Whom?'" - Peter Mandelson
"You can judge a blogger's politics by the colour of their blog banner" - The spoof Luke Akehurst
"By a coalition of Trots, tree huggers, anarchists, Tories and a nasty little clique over-excited about my hair colour" - Luke Akehurst

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Hey, Hard Worker!

The minute you entered the House,
I could see you were an MP of distinction,
A real hard worker,
Good looking, so refined.
Say, wouldn't you like to know
What's going on in my mind?

So, let me get right to the point,
I don't pop my cork for ev'ry MP I see.
Hey, hard worker, why don't you...
Come along and canvass...me!
"I offer excellent value to my constituents"
My little tribute to four Labour MPs who worked so hard this year that, quite naturally, they spent more money than anyone else in the House of Commons. These guys did a great job for their constituents, well worth their parliamentary salaries and the miniscule £709,961 they claimed in expenses between them. So well done to Shahid Malik MP, Liam Byrne MP, Dan Norris MP and my own special little turkey Joan Ryan MP.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Spot on. I hope you weren't being sarcastic. Shahid Malik is a bloody good constituency MP.

Luke Akehurst said...

Sarcastic? Moi? No - I think the fact that Sahid Malik's expenses were exactly seven times the average national UK wage just shows how hard he works. The fact that Philip Hollobone MP managed to run his affairs on a measly £44,551 expenses just goes to show what misers the Tories are. This man even answers his own phones! It's depriving needy unemployed people of a living. Typical Tory behaviour.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Hackney resident Ed Balls with his wife claiming approx £300,000

Luke Akehurst said...

And well justified too, I say. Everywhere you look these days - on TV, in the press and on the streets - you see this lovely couple. They are the icon of the Party. When you think "New Labour", you think "Balls". I know I do. A snip for a mere £236,585 joint salary and £307,734 joint expenses. I'm sure the average hard working Hackney resident doesn't begrudge them their £544,319 a year.