Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Fighting threats from Stalinists and Fascists to use court injunctions and physical violence to silence free speech
The working class can kiss my arse, I've got the Councillor's job at last
The Luke Akehurst blog - The genuine Luke Akehurst weblog about politics, elections, the Labour Party and that ghastly Hackney place. Ignore counterfeit Luke Akehurst blogs - this is the genuine article from the chap who whips Hackney Labour councillors in his spare time.
Now with extra added ingredient Linda K Smith. Helps wash your family whiter!

"My favourite film is Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learnt To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb" - Luke Akehurst
"Funny and clever but not particularly nice" - Time Out
"With added foie gras, steak, soft cheese, claret and port (hic!)" - Luke Akehurst
"In gustatus perquam putidus est" - Vatican Bank
"Not so much 'Who's Who?' as 'Who's Sleeping With Whom?'" - Peter Mandelson
"You can judge a blogger's politics by the colour of their blog banner" - The spoof Luke Akehurst
"By a coalition of Trots, tree huggers, anarchists, Tories and a nasty little clique over-excited about my hair colour" - Luke Akehurst

Friday, September 08, 2006

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

Heaven knows

He's always on my mind
From the time I wake up
Till I close my eyes
He's everywhere I go
He's all I know.

And though he's so far away
Strutting the globe each day
And even now he's gone
I'm still holdin' on.

So tell me where do I start
'Cause it's breakin my heart
Don't wanna let him go.

Maybe Tony will come back someday
Only heaven knows
And maybe our hearts will find a way
Only heaven knows
And all I can do is hope and pray
'Cause heaven knows.

My friends keep telling me
That if you really love him
You've gotta set him free
Gordon will replace him
And the Party not disgrace him
So tell me where do I start
'Cause it's breaking my heart
Don't wanna let him go.

Why I live in despair
'Cause wide awake or dreaming
I know he's never there
And all the time I act so brave
I'm shakin' inside
Why does it hurt me so?

Maybe my love will come back someday
Only heaven knows
And maybe our hearts will find a way
Only heaven knows
And all I can do is hope and pray
'Cause heaven knows
Heaven knows
Heaven knows.

With acknowledgement and thanks to Rick Price

P.S. I may be miserable, but I've been greatly cheered by the all-time record volume of hits on this site over the past week. Thanks to you all. Together, we can make a difference. (If anyone knows what difference, please let me know.)

No comments: