Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Fighting threats from Stalinists and Fascists to use court injunctions and physical violence to silence free speech
The working class can kiss my arse, I've got the Councillor's job at last
The Luke Akehurst blog - The genuine Luke Akehurst weblog about politics, elections, the Labour Party and that ghastly Hackney place. Ignore counterfeit Luke Akehurst blogs - this is the genuine article from the chap who whips Hackney Labour councillors in his spare time.
Now with extra added ingredient Linda K Smith. Helps wash your family whiter!

"My favourite film is Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learnt To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb" - Luke Akehurst
"Funny and clever but not particularly nice" - Time Out
"With added foie gras, steak, soft cheese, claret and port (hic!)" - Luke Akehurst
"In gustatus perquam putidus est" - Vatican Bank
"Not so much 'Who's Who?' as 'Who's Sleeping With Whom?'" - Peter Mandelson
"You can judge a blogger's politics by the colour of their blog banner" - The spoof Luke Akehurst
"By a coalition of Trots, tree huggers, anarchists, Tories and a nasty little clique over-excited about my hair colour" - Luke Akehurst

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Time For Lido Row To Lie Down

London Fields Lido on a foggy morningAfter all the clucking and honking from the farmyard animals at Not The Clissold Leisure Centre, including some very unpleasant and unjustified pokes at me, I decided to check things out for myself early this morning.

As I don't like walking about in the streets amongst the peasantry, I thought I'd take a helicopter ride over London Fields to see for myself.

As you can see from the photo I took - despite the rubbishing from the anarchists and cyclists - there is absolutely nothing wrong with our new prestige project, The London Fields Lido.

Unfortunately I didn't chose the best day, however, as there seemed to be quite an extensive fog hanging over the pool which did spoil the photo somewhat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's steam and pound notes floating up out of the pool. Heating an open air pool 24 hours a day, Pipe's commitment to Kyoto and spending our taxes sensibly knows no bounds.

Anonymous said...

Yep your Right Pipey has created his micro-environment in London Fields we will have palm trees and creepers. Hackney Council's Electricity Meter is on overdrive

Anonymous said...

Hackney Council doesn't have an electricity meter. I think you are confusing this with a similar fast-moving device known as a Council Tax bill.