Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Fighting threats from Stalinists and Fascists to use court injunctions and physical violence to silence free speech
The working class can kiss my arse, I've got the Councillor's job at last
The Luke Akehurst blog - The genuine Luke Akehurst weblog about politics, elections, the Labour Party and that ghastly Hackney place. Ignore counterfeit Luke Akehurst blogs - this is the genuine article from the chap who whips Hackney Labour councillors in his spare time.
Now with extra added ingredient Linda K Smith. Helps wash your family whiter!

"My favourite film is Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learnt To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb" - Luke Akehurst
"Funny and clever but not particularly nice" - Time Out
"With added foie gras, steak, soft cheese, claret and port (hic!)" - Luke Akehurst
"In gustatus perquam putidus est" - Vatican Bank
"Not so much 'Who's Who?' as 'Who's Sleeping With Whom?'" - Peter Mandelson
"You can judge a blogger's politics by the colour of their blog banner" - The spoof Luke Akehurst
"By a coalition of Trots, tree huggers, anarchists, Tories and a nasty little clique over-excited about my hair colour" - Luke Akehurst

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Whose Door Should Be Left Open?

I was delighted when I first heard that John Reid was backing The Ginger One for Deputy Leader.

Peek-a-boo - guess who's coming to get you!After all, it was endorsement from one of the most senior Ministers in the Government and a man with a high integrity rating and popularity amongst the electorate. But after reading the revelations in The Daily Mail, I'm left wondering whether it isn't more a case of leather fetishism than a case of political alignment.

On the other hand, maybe it's not Chipmunk that Stalin's nephew is after this time. Caroline Flint is a possible contender, especially for someone whose eyesight is fading. Or maybe it's the fertile and very sexy Papal Envoy who is due for a late night phone call inviting her to leave the door ajar. On the other hand... maybe it's Andy Burnham or John Hutton who can anticipate a bunch of roses and a bottle of champagne on ice.

Oh God. I hope it's not me! Linda! Linda!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd leave my door open for him any time. I like a man who knows how to get tough. If you have contact with him, just pass on my name and let him know that I'm fit for purpose!