Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Fighting threats from Stalinists and Fascists to use court injunctions and physical violence to silence free speech
The working class can kiss my arse, I've got the Councillor's job at last
The Luke Akehurst blog - The genuine Luke Akehurst weblog about politics, elections, the Labour Party and that ghastly Hackney place. Ignore counterfeit Luke Akehurst blogs - this is the genuine article from the chap who whips Hackney Labour councillors in his spare time.
Now with extra added ingredient Linda K Smith. Helps wash your family whiter!

"My favourite film is Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learnt To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb" - Luke Akehurst
"Funny and clever but not particularly nice" - Time Out
"With added foie gras, steak, soft cheese, claret and port (hic!)" - Luke Akehurst
"In gustatus perquam putidus est" - Vatican Bank
"Not so much 'Who's Who?' as 'Who's Sleeping With Whom?'" - Peter Mandelson
"You can judge a blogger's politics by the colour of their blog banner" - The spoof Luke Akehurst
"By a coalition of Trots, tree huggers, anarchists, Tories and a nasty little clique over-excited about my hair colour" - Luke Akehurst

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Stepping Gingerly

This is the first time I've ever blogged from a hotel business centre, but there has to be a first time for everything and this is my introduction to "mobile blogging".

Looking forward to the ginger nuts and ginger beerLinda, Augustus and I took the 12.45 from Paddington yesterday and we are now safely ensconced in a very pleasant hotel in Carmarthen and ready to head off shortly to The National Botanic Garden of Wales.

I've always wanted to visit West Wales and today's event was a definite "Yes!" the moment I heard about it. So I don't want anyone going round saying that I only came because I could get in for free.

For those of you who don't know what's going on today because you've been asleep for the past few days, or find Notting Hill Carnival more to your taste, the reason I'm here in Carmarthen is this. I'm really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed the day. I was there myself - shame we didn't meet up because I was hiding from you.