Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Fighting threats from Stalinists and Fascists to use court injunctions and physical violence to silence free speech
The working class can kiss my arse, I've got the Councillor's job at last
The Luke Akehurst blog - The genuine Luke Akehurst weblog about politics, elections, the Labour Party and that ghastly Hackney place. Ignore counterfeit Luke Akehurst blogs - this is the genuine article from the chap who whips Hackney Labour councillors in his spare time.
Now with extra added ingredient Linda K Smith. Helps wash your family whiter!

"My favourite film is Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learnt To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb" - Luke Akehurst
"Funny and clever but not particularly nice" - Time Out
"With added foie gras, steak, soft cheese, claret and port (hic!)" - Luke Akehurst
"In gustatus perquam putidus est" - Vatican Bank
"Not so much 'Who's Who?' as 'Who's Sleeping With Whom?'" - Peter Mandelson
"You can judge a blogger's politics by the colour of their blog banner" - The spoof Luke Akehurst
"By a coalition of Trots, tree huggers, anarchists, Tories and a nasty little clique over-excited about my hair colour" - Luke Akehurst

Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Labour Pain

I'm feeling very, very sick tonight.

Not because the CLPs voted in four members of the Grassroots Alliance slate and only two members of the Labour First slate I've spent months of PR effort spinning for.

Not because they voted back in two sitting members of whom I recently wrote: "The two it would be really good to get rid of are Christine Shawcroft, who if I had my way wouldn't even be in the party let alone on its NEC, and Pete Willsman, who whilst a nice bloke, was the backroom organiser behind much of the Bennite lunacy of the '80s."

Not even because they voted in that doddery old loony CND Vice President and trouble-maker of whom I recently wrote: "I will obviously not be voting for people who want to take us kicking and screaming into the early 1980s, though Walter Wolfgang was probably off-side in the '50s as well as every other decade in between."

The real reason I'm feeling sick is that, as someone who was National Secretary of Labour Students back in the mid '90s, I've just been completely upstaged by current Vice Chair of Manchester Labour students who predicted the result more or less perfectly.

Worse still, this happened despite considerable efforts on my part posting common sense arguments both on this blogsite and on her blogsite.
Always ready to offer the wrinklies a helping hand
83-year-old NEC member Walter Wolfgang is helped into his seat

Clearly there is something very wrong with politics students these days and as soon as I find out what it is I'll let you all know. In the meantime, pass the sick bucket, Linda, quickly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stick 14,129 votes up your jumper, Akehurst.

Lobster Blogster said...

I was going mention the slight irony of an eighty year old representing the future of NuLaba, but I see Mr Wolfgang has beaten me to it.

Luke Akehurst said...

It could be worse. We might actually give a toss what the NEC thinks or decides.

Anonymous said...

Your pale imitator's webshite states: "Unfortunately back to rain and the infinitely depressing news that at least 14,000 of Labour's grassroots members actually do want to turn us into a joke party again."

178,889 Ballot papers distributed.
36,316 Ballot papers received.

142,573 Ballot papers wasted - surely New Labour is already the joke party again.