Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Fighting threats from Stalinists and Fascists to use court injunctions and physical violence to silence free speech
The working class can kiss my arse, I've got the Councillor's job at last
The Luke Akehurst blog - The genuine Luke Akehurst weblog about politics, elections, the Labour Party and that ghastly Hackney place. Ignore counterfeit Luke Akehurst blogs - this is the genuine article from the chap who whips Hackney Labour councillors in his spare time.
Now with extra added ingredient Linda K Smith. Helps wash your family whiter!

"My favourite film is Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learnt To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb" - Luke Akehurst
"Funny and clever but not particularly nice" - Time Out
"With added foie gras, steak, soft cheese, claret and port (hic!)" - Luke Akehurst
"In gustatus perquam putidus est" - Vatican Bank
"Not so much 'Who's Who?' as 'Who's Sleeping With Whom?'" - Peter Mandelson
"You can judge a blogger's politics by the colour of their blog banner" - The spoof Luke Akehurst
"By a coalition of Trots, tree huggers, anarchists, Tories and a nasty little clique over-excited about my hair colour" - Luke Akehurst

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Vote, Vote, Vote For Nigel Akehurst

I've learnt a trick or two from Julian and I'm beginning to get the crack of this voting business at last. After my shame at not making enough calls to win Aisleyne the Big Brother competition, I've set my sights a bit lower and given a good hammering to Bloggers4Labour, whose presence at Labour Party GMEX I will be leading. After I published this brilliant idea it was taken up by Labour bloggers all over Britain.

Jed Augustus does his bit for DaddyVoting for my own blogsite articles was much cheaper than calling in to Big Brother, so Linda and I managed to whack in enough votes for me to come way up the league table and give the Sandwell Trotskyist dinosaur Bob Piper a good hiding. I voted for 14 of my own postings and Jed voted for another 6 (see picture - he got bored and started crying after the sixth vote). I even got a vote from someone else who was confused (probably El Tom).

Unfortunately, Humanists for Labour and Kerron Cross The Voice of the Delectable Left topped the poll with 169 votes to my 29. Looks like it's back to the voting booth!

Before any smart-arses post comments telling me I'm innumerate, the poll is still open so by the time you read Bloggers4Labour the numbers may have changed. Especially if I get time to pump a few more votes in for myself. Your confuzing inewmeracy with ilitaracy. Gosh it's fun this. Just like May all over again.

No comments: