Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Fighting threats from Stalinists and Fascists to use court injunctions and physical violence to silence free speech
The working class can kiss my arse, I've got the Councillor's job at last
The Luke Akehurst blog - The genuine Luke Akehurst weblog about politics, elections, the Labour Party and that ghastly Hackney place. Ignore counterfeit Luke Akehurst blogs - this is the genuine article from the chap who whips Hackney Labour councillors in his spare time.
Now with extra added ingredient Linda K Smith. Helps wash your family whiter!

"My favourite film is Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learnt To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb" - Luke Akehurst
"Funny and clever but not particularly nice" - Time Out
"With added foie gras, steak, soft cheese, claret and port (hic!)" - Luke Akehurst
"In gustatus perquam putidus est" - Vatican Bank
"Not so much 'Who's Who?' as 'Who's Sleeping With Whom?'" - Peter Mandelson
"You can judge a blogger's politics by the colour of their blog banner" - The spoof Luke Akehurst
"By a coalition of Trots, tree huggers, anarchists, Tories and a nasty little clique over-excited about my hair colour" - Luke Akehurst

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Tom Watson - An Apology

Following an overnight communication from Messrs. Lye, Spinnit & Hyde, I wish it to be known that I apologise unreservedly for any confusion that may have arisen in connection with my description of The Hon. Thomas Anthony Watson M.P. in this weblog and elsewhere.

I wish to make it clear that the descriptor "Thicko" is a term of endearment dating from a time when said Mr. Watson was my flatmate and boss (National Youth & Student Officer when I was NOLS National Secretary). The word has never been used in any manner intended to imply that Mr. Watson is of a level of intelligence significantly lower than the median value of the Intelligence Quotients of Labour Members of Parliament.

On the contrary, the term refers to the frames of the spectacles customarily worn by the Hon. Member. As can be seen from the attached photographic evidence, the phrase merely serves to distinguish Tom "Thicko" Watson from any other person who may bear superficial similarities but whose spectacle frames are of significantly more diminutive dimensions. I sincerely hope that this clarifies any misunderstanding and wish to express deep regret for any suffering or embarrassment that may have occurred as a consequence.

"Students - don't be l33t hax0rs... politics is cool, m'kay?"
Tom "Thicko" Watson
"I am pleased to offer my support to the Government's proposal for top-up fees"
Tom "Thino" Watson

No comments: