Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Fighting threats from Stalinists and Fascists to use court injunctions and physical violence to silence free speech
The working class can kiss my arse, I've got the Councillor's job at last
The Luke Akehurst blog - The genuine Luke Akehurst weblog about politics, elections, the Labour Party and that ghastly Hackney place. Ignore counterfeit Luke Akehurst blogs - this is the genuine article from the chap who whips Hackney Labour councillors in his spare time.
Now with extra added ingredient Linda K Smith. Helps wash your family whiter!

"My favourite film is Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learnt To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb" - Luke Akehurst
"Funny and clever but not particularly nice" - Time Out
"With added foie gras, steak, soft cheese, claret and port (hic!)" - Luke Akehurst
"In gustatus perquam putidus est" - Vatican Bank
"Not so much 'Who's Who?' as 'Who's Sleeping With Whom?'" - Peter Mandelson
"You can judge a blogger's politics by the colour of their blog banner" - The spoof Luke Akehurst
"By a coalition of Trots, tree huggers, anarchists, Tories and a nasty little clique over-excited about my hair colour" - Luke Akehurst

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Back From Fighting The Toffs

Gosh, I'm knackered. I've pulled muscles I didn't even know I had. Don't let anyone tell you that landed gentry just sit around all day doing nothing, like the characters in The Royle Family. Just the walking alone was enough to shag out someone more used to popping round to Stoke Newington High Street for a quick take-away.
Burke's Peerage - Directory of hard-up single mothers
The gardens weren't 1½ acres as I'd been led to believe - Moyra had acquired another 4½ acres or so to enlarge the estate ready for an ambitious redevelopment project (wow, was she spitting teeth over the fall in property prices and, worse still, blaming it on Alistair Darling!). And then there was the horse riding, which has given me such painful rashes you-know-where that I can hardly walk.

Labour is still in with a good shoutApart from the aches and pains, I thought we had a pretty good day all in all. Lots of people shouting: "Down with the toff!" and "Hereditary candidate, sod off!".

So I was more than a bit disappointed to see the betting odds when I got home. Even the bookmakers are in cahoots with the Tories against us now. I expect Rupert Murdoch has paid them to quote false odds. Just wait for tomorrow - I'm sure Labour is going to win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She has an entry in Burke's Peerage and Gentry but she doesn't have a peerage so I guess she counts as gentry, yes?

Akehurst is neither a peer nor gentry, which leaves just one option; burke.